We’re Hiring! Part-Time Programs Assistant
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: The Programs Assistant will be responsible for managing volunteer program leaders, supporting program execution, coordinating program promotion, and recording data and evaluations. This includes assisting program leaders in identifying locations and preparing course materials, assisting in the coordination of trainings for facilitators, and recruiting and supporting additional volunteers to enhance program delivery and promotion.
Day-to-day duties include recording program data, identifying new ways to promote programs, speaking with program leaders to identify needs for current or future programs, and troubleshooting conflicts and issues that arise with programs. This position will report to the Executive Director.
EXEMPT STATUS: Exempt
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Identifying and screening volunteers to assist and lead programs.
- Supporting volunteer leaders who are coordinating NAMI Signature and community education programs as they identify locations, assist in completing paperwork, schedule & support facilitators, prepare course materials, and ensure evaluations are complete.
- Ensuring that volunteers are enrolled in signature program training.
- Coordinating supplemental trainings for volunteers so that they feel equipped in their position.
- Working with the Executive Director to order or secure course materials.
- Identifying opportunities for program promotion and working with marketing & outreach volunteers in their delivery.
- Working with program leadership to develop and implement QA processes to identify and resolve recurring data quality and data integrity issues.
- Designing custom reports for program and performance management and grant management purposes.
- Proactively identifying and implementing opportunities for data collection improvements.
- Documenting data quality standards and quality assurance processes.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assisting with outreach events.
- Filling in when volunteers cannot be replaced last minute.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL& LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Finger manipulation.
- Ability to comprehend complex materials.
- Ability to speak and write English clearly and accurately.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred but equivalent experience and certifications will be considered.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years related experience coordinating or working closely with volunteers, preferably in a social service setting.
- Prior experience with program coordination preferred.
- Intermediate computer skills and knowledge of relevant software packages (Office365, MS Excel, MS Word) required.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, be self-directed, and take initiative.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well with and to support a multidisciplinary team.
- Preference will be given to individuals with lived mental illness experience and those living in Wake County.
Job Type: Part-Time
Salary: $15.00/hr for up to 15 hours each week.
Location: Wake County with the ability to come into Raleigh office at least once/week.
Required work authorization: United States
Please submit a resume and cover letter detailing your qualifications to Annie Schmidt (email@example.com) by June 14, 2019.