Current General Resources and Links
We are always eager to share new links, events, and resources from our community friends, partners, other affiliates, or organizations across the country doing amazing work.
Below you’ll find a more general list of current resources and events for everyone. Please feel free to share this page with others who may find something below helpful. Last updated: 9/24/20
For Healthcare Workers, First Responders, and Educators
- Hope4Healers Helpline Mental health care is especially important as the back to school season begins. With schools opening in-person and remotely across the state under new health and safety procedures, the NC Department of Health and Human Services and the NC Psychological Foundation are providing teachers, school personnel and their families with mental health and resilience supports through Hope4Healers. Find out more here.
- Mental Health Resources for Educators Teach for America has compiled a helpful list of resources for educators across the country. You can visit the article here.
- Teletherapy Triangle Wellness and Recovery is offering four FREE teletherapy sessions during the COVID-19 crisis for healthcare workers and first responders. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit their website at www.twrnc.com.
- Free Virtual Support Groups in the Triangle Springstone is offering FREE virtual support groups for healthcare workers to find shared experiences and discuss the impact of COVID-19 on their personal and professional lives. To register, click here.
For Parents/Caregivers/Family Members
- Information on Mental Health for Moms This site shares information for moms and moms-to-be about mental health, including post-partum depression, treatment tips, and more. Visit the site here.
- Online Learning Platform Allies in Recovery is now offering their online program based on the CRAFT (Community Reinforcement and Family Training) method to help those in recovery, for FREE. The website incorporates teaching modules, live support, informative blogs, and more, with a typical cost to join, but right now, during the COVID crisis, it is offered for free. It is a great opportunity and resource to families who are struggling with loved ones who have co-occurring issues with addiction. You can find out more at www.alliesinrecovery.net
Finding a Therapist
- These Tips on Finding a Mental Health Professional Explore how to find a mental health professional that is right for your in this post from NAMI. Click here to read.
- Psychology Today Directory Find a therapist or counselor near you that fits your needs. You can filter results to search for professionals with certain training, insurance, gender, race, etc. Start your search in Wake County here.
- Guide: How to Prepare for Telehealth Appointments This guide from SMI Adviser is a helpful document to keep on hand as you transition to telehealth appointments. Access it here.
- Free Self-Compassion Meditation Sessions The non-profit Center for Mindful Self-Compassion (CMSC) is offering free daily 45-minute drop-in sessions for anyone interested in meditating together during this time of social-distancing and quarantine. Register here.
- Free Counseling Services The ART Counseling is a center offering a variety of therapies and counseling services. Right now, they are offering FREE services for couples, families, individuals, and adolescents in the North Carolina community. To find out more about The ART Counseling, visit: theartcounseling.com/
- Free Virtual Support Groups in the Triangle Springstone is offering FREE virtual support groups for individuals who are struggling to manage the impact of COVID-19 on their personal or professional lives. To register, click here.
- Therapy Sessions with Graduate Students at Reduced Costs Pay up to $30 for a session with NC State graduate students who need practice hours at: sites.ced.ncsu.edu/ccerc/
- A List of Bipolar Documentaries To Watch These biopics provide information and share intimate details about people’s struggles and successes while dealing with ongoing symptoms of bipolar’s depression, mania, and anxiety.
- Children & Adults with ADHD – CHADD Find information & referrals on ADHD, including support groups here.
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance – DBSA Info on bipolar and depression, support groups and forums. Click here to reach the site.
- International OCD Foundation Find info on OCD and treatment referrals here.
- Treatment and Research Advancements for Borderline Personality Disorder (TARA) This website is referral center for info, support, education, and treatment of BPD
- NC 2-1-1 Counts This tool provides real-time, searchable and visual presentations of data from 2-1-1 call centers across the U.S. Using 2-1-1 Counts, you’ll find community-specific needs of vulnerable populations. The result: better lives for the lowest-income families, with fewer unmet basic needs and greater capacity for achieving well-being and leading self-sufficient, productive lives. To find out more, click here.
- A Guide to Living With Worry and Anxiety Amidst Global Uncertainty This includes psycho-education about worry and anxiety, and a selection of practical CBT exercises for managing wellbeing including activity scheduling, worry postponement, and compassionate cognitive restructuring. To read through the guide, click here.
- Online Mental Health First-aid Course The COVID-19 pandemic is challenging individuals and families in new ways. Mental health first aid, the practice of recognizing and responding to people experiencing crisis-related stress, can be used to help yourself and others to cope in the face of stressful events. To help, the American Red Cross is offering a FREE Mental Health First Aid for COVID-19 online only course during the pandemic. Click here for more information.