Free Mental Health First Aid Sessions
The Raleigh Police Department, in partnership with Alliance Behavioral Healthcare, is offering Mental Health First Aid Class sessions. The free, 8-hour sessions will be held once each month from December 2018-May 2019. All sessions will be held at the Raleigh Police Department Southwest District (601 Hutton St., Raleigh). The Mental Health First Aid class will provide insight and skills to identify, understand, and respond to signs of mental illness and addiction.
Attendees will learn:
- Risk factors and warning signs of mental illness
- Information on depression, anxiety, trauma, psychosis, and addiction disorders
- Action plan to help someone in crisis
- Available resources
Sessions will be held:
- Wednesday, December 5th from 8:00-5:00 pm
- Saturday, January 26th from 8:00-5:00 pm
- Wednesday, February 13th from 8:00-5:00 pm
- Wednesday, March 13th from 8:00-5:00 pm
- Tuesday & Wednesday, April 9 & 10, 4:00-8:00 pm (2-day session)
- Tuesday, May 7th, 8:00-5:00 pm
Anyone 18 years of age and older, who lives or works in the city of Raleigh, may apply to attend. Application information can be found online here.